Early Puppyhood Development Training (8-16 wks olds)
Obedience training is not your first priority when getting a puppy. Proper, thorough and varied socialization, housebreaking and bite inhibition is! This has a major impact on the life and behavior of a dog. Did you know that nearly 80% of the “hard drive” of a dog’s brain is written by the 16th week of life and is the period of most rapid learning?!
After this window of time, the receptiveness to socialization rapidly and substantially decreases and the tragedy is that most owners do not realize this. In some instances, the problems caused by a lack of or improper socialization cannot be overcome if careful attention is not paid to this most critical time in a dog’s life.
- One-on-one comprehensive consultation for puppy and pet parent(s)
- Presented puppy packet with several helpful resources
- Learn steps for housebreaking your puppy
- Learn how to stop play-biting and nipping
- Three 2- hour interactive group classes for pet parent and puppy (call for more detail)
- Obedience commands are *NOT* taught in this class.
Puppies between 8-16 weeks old
Documented Veterinary Wellness Exam
Documented completion of at least 2 rounds of puppy vaccinations
Healthy, free of any parasites or evidence of sickness or skin issues
This program has been highly recommended by veterinarians and past program graduates because of the results they are seeing in their puppies who have completed this training, in addition to what knowledge they have gained as pet parents.
Junior All-Stars Puppy Training (4 – 8 mo olds)
For puppy owners seeking education and skills in raising a happy, healthy, and balanced puppy, this is the next step after the Early Puppy Development Program. It is a 6-week intermediate puppy training program in a group setting that is not quite as demanding as formal on-leash obedience training. If you missed out on the early puppyhood development class, you are still able to participate in this class.
This training program mixes more advanced socialization training with an introduction to basic on-leash obedience training and continued pet parent education. Participants who complete all requirements will be eligible to take the AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy Certification Exam.
- Ongoing social interaction with similarly aged puppies in controlled setting
- Puppy handling exercises (for owner and puppy benefit)
- Proper leash handling and basic controlled leash walking your dog
- Obedience skills taught: Sit, Down, Come
- Practice of practical real-life situations
- Learn about puppy fitness and age appropriate exercise for your dog.
- Puppies must be at least 16 weeks (4 months) old and no more than 8 months old.
- Documented Veterinary Puppy Wellness Exam
- Documented completion of all puppy vaccines
- If Early Puppy Development Program was not completed, a pre-class consultation is required.